The management board has coordinated with relevant units to implement security and order plans, while putting 70 electric cars into operations to facilitate tourists’ travel between attractions.
In addition, COVID-19 prevention and control measures have also been carried out, including reminding people to wear face masks in public places and arranging enough antiseptic solution at the areas of pagodas, temples and venues for cultural activities.
* On April 18, Phu Tho Province held a rowing tournament on a lake within Van Lang Park drawing the participation of 130 athletes on six teams from Viet Tri City and the districts of Tam Nong, Doan Hung, Thanh Thuy and Cam Khe. The event was part of the 2021 Hung Kings’ Death Anniversary – Hung Temple Festival programme. Rowers competed fiercely on a distance of 2.6 kilometres, with the first prize claimed by the team Viet Tri 1. Teams from Tam Nong and Cam Khe took the second and third prize, respectively.
* On April 17-18, on a water stage at Khuon Muoi Lake within the Hung Temple Relic Site, the delegation of the Phu Tho Provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism displayed a water puppet show to serve locals and visitors to the 2021 Hung Temple Festival.
* On the evening of April 18, the National Volleyball Championship – Hung Vuong Cup 2021 officially opened at the Phu Tho Provincial Gymnasium, with the participation of four men’s teams and four women’s teams.
The tournament, held annually in Phu Tho, is under the professional competition system of the Vietnam Volleyball Federation. The two final matches will take place on the evenings of April 20 and 21.
* On the same occasion, more than 150 orchid loves representing over 100 orchid establishments nationwide has implemented the programme “Bringing orchids to the origin”, during which orchids donated by localities will be transplanted in the system of green trees at the Hung Temple Historical Relic Site. The activity shows respect and tribute to ancestors of the nation, contributing to beautifying the landscape of the relic.
* On Sunday, an exhibition on “Dong Son Culture” opened at the National History-Culture Park in Ho Chi Minh City, showcasing 37 artifacts on production tools, weapons, bronze drums, daily utensils and jewelries. A Chung cake making contest in commemoration of Hung Kings was also organised at the temple dedicated to Hung Kings on the campus of the Park.
* On April 18, Phan Dinh Trac, Politburo member, Head of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Internal Affairs and Deputy Head of the Central Steering Committee for Anti-Corruption, had a working session with Phu Tho’s provincial leaders.
At the meeting, Trac praised the drastic directions of local leaders and the efforts of relevant agencies in the province in the investigation, dismantling and trial of a recent trillion-VND online gambling case.
The delegation of the Party Central Committee’s Commission for Internal Affairs and Phu Tho’s provincial leaders plant memorial trees at the Hung Temple Historical Relic Site.
Earlier, the Politburo member and Phu Tho’s provincial leaders offered incense and paid tribute to the Hung Kings, and planted memorial trees at the Hung Temple Historical Relic Site in response to the Government’s campaign to plant one billion new trees for a green Vietnam.