Vietnamese audiences will have chance to watch 16 bespoke classic and modern French films that will be screened in 11 cities and provinces nationwide in 2021.
|French film maker Robert Doisneau, photographed by Bracha L. Ettinger in his studio in Montrouge, 1992
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has authorized the Institut Francais Vietnam (IFV) to screen French films in Vietnam for the year of 2021.
This year IFV’s catalog of motion pictures include:
– Robert Doisneau: The Magic Behind The Camera
– Women’s fault
– Maid out of Work
– The Light of Truth in the City of Roubaix
– Jean Paul Gaultier – The Final Show
– The Legend of the Red Box Called Cartier
– Isabel Marant: The Origins of the Collection
– Balmain Fashion
– Fashion History: The Fashion Revolution
– Eiffel Tower: the Historical Confrontation
– Paris – The City of Time
– Versailles – Palace of the Sun King
– Horror Park
– Life Scenario
– 52 Minutes of Sublimation on the Catwalk
– Magic Boy
The films will be screened from April 1 to December 31 in 11 cities and provinces nationwide, including five centrally-run cities of Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang, Haiphong and Cantho, the northern provinces of Thai Nguyen and Lao Cai, the central provinces of Nghe An, Ha Tinh and Thua Thien-Hue, and Da Lat City in the southern province of Lam Dong.
Films are only screened after obtaining a license from the Cinema Department.
The ministry also noted that screenings will only take place once the Covid-19 pandemic is fully brought under control in the above localities. In addition, relevant preventive measures must also be strictly observed.