Mang Lang Church is located in beautiful precinct with a total area of 5,000m2.
The ancient chancel of the church.
Praying in a quiet space in the church.
Embossment works in the church’s traditional room.
Tourists visit Mang Lang Church and learn about its history.
To learn more about the history of the church, tourists can visit the traditional room, called Anre Phu Yen that now stores and displays documents and objects of the church. It also has preserved “Cathechismvs”, the first book printed in Vietnamese script in 1651 in Rome, Italy. It was writen by Alexandre de Rhodes who is the father of Vietnamese script.
The church with an airy precinct, covering 5,000m2, is shaded by lush trees and rows of Sa-ke (breadfruit) trees, scientifically known as Artocarpus altilis. Originally, the church was painted white but it now becomes dark-grey and looks like a painting near the Ky Lo River. The facade of the church was designed in the Gothic architectural style with two steeples, one on each side of the ancient mossy cross. Inside the church, tourists can see two dangling ropes that are used to ring the church bells on special occasions. The two sides of the church’s lobby were designed in an eye-catching pyramid style. The chancel, with colorful windows, yellow-brown walls and a wooden ceiling on which ancient lights are hung, leaves a strong impression on tourists.
The pathway shaded by two rows of betel trees leads tourists to Mang Lang Church with its gate always open to welcome those who want to mingle in a peaceful and quiet space, separated from the bustling outside world. Here, tourists also behold small statues, ancient grey walls and a praying table that create a mystery and holiness for the Mang Lang Church.