HANOI, VIETNAM – Media OutReach – 9 January 2023 – The VinFuture Prize officially kicks off its 2023 season with the nomination period open from 14:00 January 9th, 2023, to 14:00 May 15th, 2023 (GMT+7). The 3rd season of the VinFuture Prize is focused on scientific and technological innovations and solutions that help promote resilient and sustainable development amid the forecasted global socioeconomic challenges in 2023.
- Detailed instructions on the nomination process and form: https://online.vinfutureprize.org/nomination
- Frequently asked questions: https://vinfutureprize.org/faqs/
- List of VinFuture Prize Laureates announced at the award ceremony on December 20th, 2022 with information about the awarded innovations: https://vinfutureprize.org/laureates/
* 10 criteria for nomination to the VinFuture Prize:
- There should be clear evidence, or potential, for an end-product or service based on the solution, which has an everyday practical application;
- Solutions should have already benefited millions of people in the past 10 years for the Grand Prize, or have the potential to benefit millions of people in the next 10 years for the Special Prizes;
- Solutions should be aligned with one or more of the United Nation’s SDGs;
- Solutions must be scientifically proven (i.e., there should be clear evidence of passing relevant scientific trials, and in the case of research, it must be empirically proven or widely reviewed);
- Open to researchers or inventors who were involved in developing the underlying solutions, and not entrepreneurs or corporates who helped in the commercialization/diffusion of the technology;
- End-products of the research should benefit people globally, including those from developing and less developed countries, as well as lower-income and disadvantaged communities;
- Open to individuals or teams of researchers/inventors;
- Preferences are considered for nominees in the active stages of their careers;
- Same individual/team can be nominated for one or more of the VinFuture Special Prizes if eligible;
- Research/Solution/Invention can be underpinned in any discipline of science, engineering, or technology, including potentially multi-disciplinary approaches.
About VinFuture Foundation
The VinFuture Foundation, established on December 20th, 2020 on the occasion of International Human Solidarity Day, is a non-profit organization co-founded by billionaire Pham Nhat Vuong and his wife, Mrs. Pham Thu Huong.
The Foundation’s vision is catalyzing meaningful change in the everyday lives of millions of people by honoring transformational technological innovations at a global scale. The Foundation’s core activity is awarding the annual VinFuture Prize for breakthrough scientific and technological innovations that have created or have the potential to create meaningful changes in the everyday lives of millions of people across the planet.
The VinFuture Prize consists of four prize categories, of which the Grand Prize – with a value of US$3 million – is one of the largest annual global prizes, and three Special Prizes, worth US$500,000 each, are dedicated to Female Innovators, Innovators from Developing Countries, and Innovators with Outstanding Achievements in Emerging Fields.
In addition, the Foundation conducts many activities to accomplish its mission, such as funding academic activities, catalyzing intellectual connections, collaborating in sci-tech development, and promoting STEM education.