More localities temporarily close tourist sites to prevent COVID-19 spread

All tourist sites in the central province of Quang Tri will be temporarily closed to visitors from March 18 as part of the local effort to prevent the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from spreading.

0
313
More localities temporarily close tourist sites to prevent COVID-19 spread hinh anh 1

Quang Tri Ancient Citadel, a popular tourist site in the central province of Quang Tri. 

All historical and cultural relics and tourist attractions will remain closed until further notice, according to a decision signed by Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Hoang Nam.

The province has also extended the closure of kindergartens and elementary and middle schools for another week, from March 16 – 23.

Quang Tri had reported no COVID-19 infection as of March 15. The province has strengthened capacity for local medical workers and upgraded healthcare facilities for the epidemic prevention and control while customs and medical authorities have tightened control at border gates on people entering Vietnam.

The Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang also considers barring foreign visitors to the resort island of Phu Quoc after a tourist from Latvia, who had stayed on the island, tested positive for the coronavirus last week.

Phu Quoc authorities are locating all people who had close contact with the Latvian tourist for compulsory quarantine, and has suspended operation of its popular night market and all karaoke and massage parlours while all schools have been shut down since the beginning of this week until further notice.

Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Do Thanh Binh has ordered all people to wear masks at bus and train stations and other public places, and fill online health declarations.

Quarantine facilities must be located far from residential areas while there must be no discrimination between the locals and foreigners at these facilities, Binh said in a meeting with Phu Quoc’s administration on March 15 evening.

Vietnam has confirmed 57 infections as of March 15 with 17 being foreigners. Sixteen patients have been completely cured.

Health official checks COVID-19 prevention at Noi Bai int’l airport

More localities temporarily close tourist sites to prevent COVID-19 spread

Medical staff at the Noi Bai international airport

 

Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen on March 15 inspected the prevention and control of the acute respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 at Hanoi-based Noi Bai International Airport.

A representative of the airport said medical forces have taken 683 samples of passengers for tests, doubling the initial estimate. This work ran until midnight on March 15 with 700 more samples taken.

The customs force at the Noi Bai international border gate has increased its staff to facilitate customs clearance and solve the congestion at luggage claim areas.

According to Deputy Minister of Transport Le Anh Tuan, a fact that passengers transiting through many countries makes it difficult to forecast the number of European visitors to Vietnam.

Tuyen, who is also deputy head of the national steering committee for COVID-19 prevention and control, said the committee has sent notices to ministries of national defence, public security, foreign affairs, and transport as well as People’s Committees of centrally-run cities and provinces about the implementation of quarantining measures for people entering the country.

He urged the transport ministry to quickly update the number of visitors from epidemic-hit nations to direct flights to land at different airports like Van Don in the north, Chu Lai in the central region and Can Tho in the south.

If possible, it is necessary to carry out medical quarantine and declarations when passengers are still on board, he said.

The military forces are ready to transfer passengers to concentrated quarantining areas as regulated, he added./.